Monday, April 16, 2012

The Observer: 20-year-old brings twist to local fashion

A former fine art student at Mengo Senior School, Musiimenta Linda now hopes to study fashion at university and take it on as a full-time career. She says her childhood dream to become a fashion designer was reinspired in 2010 when as an S.5 student, she got the opportunity to travel to Norway on an exchange programme.
“I was fascinated with the way those people support their industry; they use their materials and there is a lot of help to the budding talents. I swore to myself that I would come back and develop my sketches into clothes,” Musiimenta says. Dette skriver The Observer Uganda om Elimu-deltaker, Linda Musiimenta.



Linda's Trendy fashion
Elimu-participant  Keryn Gift  Birungi at the catwalk in Serena Hotel, Kampala




No comments:

Post a Comment