Thursday, November 3, 2011

Innovasjon - Fk-deltaker vil lære sine elever å bli innovatører

After a one year’s experience of teaching and working  with  the Electrical and  Construction teachers at Rjukan Videregående skole now two years ago, iam  happy to report that the skills I acquired have not only benefited me as an individual but also the institution (Kings College Budo) where I work as a teacher.
One month after my return from Norway I coordinated and successfully organized a workshop for science teachers and Laboratory technicians for schools in my county to teach them how to
- prepare teaching aids from low cost materials in their environment
-repair, maintain and care for laboratory equipment.
My experience when I worked with Tore the Electronics teacher at Rjukan Vgs through guiding students’ project work has helped me start and supervise a  student based practical club called The Innovator’s Club which I started last year in the school where I teach.
The club enables students to translate class knowledge into tangible products for the purpose of generating income.
This is in line with FK’s objective of transfer of knowledge from individual to institutional learning. One of the Club’s products is an Autolighter – a device that automatically switches on security lights when darkness falls and off when it is day light.   
 Geoffrey Kizito, Fk-er 2008-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment